For Print Production
Both Cover and Interior PDF files for upload should be set to: PDF/x-1a:2001
- If saving from a word processing program such as Word or Pages, files should be Saved As PDF/x-1a:2001
- If using Acrobat Pro 9, save the completed file as Postscript and process the Postscript file through Distiller set to PDF/x-1a:2001.
- If using Acrobat Pro DC, select Output or Save As PDF/x-1a:2001
- Once created, a PDF/x-1a:2001 document cannot be edited without repeating either Save As PDF/x-1a:2001 or, if using Acrobat Pro 9, repeating export as Postscript and Distilling.
- Note that RGB colors will convert to CMYK. Saturation, hue and tints will change when RGB is converted to CMYK.
- Important: what you see on your computer/laptop/tablet screen are RGB colors. Even if you create your document in CMYK colors, you will not see CMYK as standard screens are RGB displays.
- Covers and interior images containing Black do not reproduce accurately. A work-around for solid black areas is to set the color to a very dark navy which will appear in print as near black.